One way to protect the environment and prevent medication abuse is to properly dispose of unused, expired, or unneeded medications. The Merrill Police Department,Tomahawk Police Department and Marshfield Clinic Merrill have free medication drop boxes available onsite.
- Bed Bug Identifying and Prevention Bed Bugs
- Bed Bug Checklist
- LCHD Bed Bug Myths
- Bed Bug Checklist for Landlords
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Wisconsin Department of Health Chemical Fact Sheets
- Health Effects of Chemical Exposures
- How Chemical Exposures Happen
- How to Reduce Your Exposure at Home, Work and Play
Blue Green Algae
Exposure to algal blooms may cause you to have the following symptoms: sore throat, congestion, cough, wheezing, difficulty breathing, eye irritation, itchy skin, red skin, hives, earache, headache, abdominal pain, diarrhea, and vomiting.
Measures to protect you, family, and animals from harmful algal blooms:
- Do not swim in water that looks like “pea soup”, green or blue paint or that has a scum layer or puffy blobs floating on the surface.
- Do not boat, water ski, etc. over such water.
- Do not let children play with scum layers, even from shore.
- Shower and wash hands after swimming in lakes, rivers and ponds.
- Do not fish from lakes where algal scum is present.
- Do get medical treatment right away if you think you, your pet or livestock might have been poisoned from algal toxins.
- Do pay attention and respect water body closures and health advisories.
Mercury in Fish