Creating healthy communities and strong local public health systems requires a high level of mutual understanding and collaboration with community individuals and partner groups. In January 2012, the community steering committee, called Healthy People Lincoln County, reviewed local and state data with the goal of setting health priorities for the county.
The following health priorities were identified by this committee:
Healthy People Lincoln County has implemented teams of individuals from the community to work on the above priorities. We invite you and your organization to actively support Healthy People Lincoln County’s Community Health Improvement Plan:
- Volunteer to participate on one of our coalitions.
- Partner on future community initiatives that promote oral health, proper nutrition and mental health .
- Share the plan with others.
- Have the health plan presented at a staff or organizational meeting.
Lincoln County Death Review Team
Lincoln County Child Death Reveiw Team is one of the teams in Wisconsin who help to better understand how and why a child has died. There are statistics on how many children die and from what causes, but often know little about the circumstances leading up to the child’s death. The Lincoln County Child Death Review team reviews and acknowledges all intentional and unintentional child deaths from a prevention standpoint. For more information, visit Children’s Health Alliance of Wisconsin
Parenting Support Network (PSN)
PSN mission is to promote the health and safety of families thorugh leadership, referrals, and education. Two primary goals of the Network are:
- Increase the number of agencies using universal developmental screening for children
- Promote a consistent safe sleep message among providers.
For more information visit: Parenting Support Network
Brochures, Reports and Plans:
- Lincoln County Youth Health Profile 2017
- Healthy People Lincoln County Annual Report 2016
- HPLC Statistical Dashboard 2016
- HPLC Health Survey Results 2015
- Healthy People Lincoln County Community Health Plan 2017
- Lincoln County Community Needs Assessment 2012
- Healthy People Lincoln County