Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) Activity Report
Communicable Disease Reports
- Lincoln County Communicable Disease Report May 8 2015
- Lincoln County Communicable Disease End of the Year Report 2014
Zika Virus Resources
- Zika Testing WI DPH Memo
- Revised WI Travel-Related Arbo Specimen Instructions
- Zika Testing Flowchart Update
Other Health Updates
- Hepatitis C Update– With cases on the rise in Lincoln County, providers other than gastrointestinal specialists will be working more with those infected with the virus. Below is a link to the Addiction Technology Transfer Center Network’s HCV Current, a national initiative to increase Hepatitis C knowledge among medical and behavior health professionals. Information includes: online and in person curriculum and training, downloadable provider tools, and region-specific resources for hepatitis. http://attcnetwork.org/projects/HCV_Home.aspx
- West Nile Virus and Other Arboviral Activity – United States, 2013 Arboviral activity update_1-7-14
CDC Health Information for International Travel
The CDC has information on health risks of international travel in the “CDC Health Information for International Travel”. The 2014 version of the ‘Yellow Book’ is written primarily for health professionals and can be found at this link: http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/page/yellowbook-home-2014
Below is information on how to follow-up on an animal bite and bat exposure.
- Rabies Algorithm
- MMWR Compendium of Rabies 2011
- MMWR Prophylaxis 4 Dose March 2010
- WI Rabies Prophylaxis Scenarios 2010
- LCHD Animal Bite Report
Please find the annual memo to health care providers in Wisconsin regarding the implementation of the 2015-2016 recommendations for the prevention and control of influenza with vaccines by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) that were formally issued on October 2, 2014. 2015 – 2016 Recommendations for Use of Influenza Vaccine
ACIP Adult Immunization Recommendations:
Links to Immunization Schedules:
- Birth -18 years of age schedule: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/downloads/child/0-18yrs-schedule.pdf
- Catch up schedule 4 months to 18 years who start late or are more than 1 month behind: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/downloads/child/catchup-schedule-pr.pdf
- Adult schedule: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/downloads/adult/adult-schedule.pdf
Wisconsin Electronic Disease Surveillance System (WEDSS) Reporting
Why Report Using WEDSS Instead of Old-Fashioned Paper Reporting?
- Timely reporting, as soon as the information is submitted electronically the information can be accessed immediately.
- Save time by reducing potential double entry of patient’s demographic information that might have already been entered by the laboratories.
- Reporters do not need to figure out which health department to send to or fax to, if the patient’s address is entered into WEDSS, the system will geocode to the right jurisdiction.
- Reduce calls from the health departments because of ineligible handwriting.
- Save money in mailing postage.
- Save time filing and storing paper reports.
5 Easy Steps for Providers to Sign Up for Reporting Via WEDSS:
- Request WI user ID and password through the WI Access Management System (WAMS) https://on.wisconsin.gov/WAMS/SelfRegController
- Reply to email received from WAMS to provide user with WAMS ID.
- Register in the HAN (Health Alert Network) using WAMS ID/password https://phin.wisconsin.gov/han
- Read the WEDSS security and confidential policy and user security policy to sign. Fax signature page to 608-266-9793.
- When emailing WEDSS helpdesk, please include your HAN username because this will become your WEDSS username.
- WEDSS staff will create a user account and send the user an email with a temporary password.
- Change password by going to https://wedss.wisconsin.gov/webvcmr , click on “change password” link.
- Make sure your Internet Explorer settings are adjusted according to WEDSS requirements.
- Notify your local health department that you are using WEDSS to submit disease reports.
- Contact WEDSS helpdesk by email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to WEDSS
- Follow WEDSS instructional email- includes WEDSS access, account, temporary password, and training information.