Drowning is the leading cause of injury-related death among children ages 1-4 years.
Here are some tips:
- Always watch your children in and around pools, lakes and other types of water. Give them your undivided attention.
- When there are a lot of adults and children are swimming, designate adults to watch the children. Take turns.
- Teach your child to swim. Older, more experienced swimmers should still swim with someone else every time.
- From the first time your kids swim, teach children to never go near or in water without an adult present.
- Learn CPR.
- Teach your children to never play or swim near drains or suction outlets so they don’t get injured.
Learn More, visit http://www.safekids.org/safetytips/field_risks/swimming-and-water