The Lincoln County Health Department is contracted to provide and oversee the provision of school health services to students attending schools within the MAPS district. Assuring the health, well-being and safety of children in the MAPS schools is a foundation for their academic success.
- Regular school visits at each school; provision of direct care for injury or illness, and for long-term management of students with special health care needs.
- Provide leadership for the provision of health services, including management of student health information.
- Provide screening and referral for health conditions.
- Promote a healthy school environment by efforts such as monitoring immunizations, ensuring reporting and appropriate exclusion for infectious diseases, and act as a resource to promote environmental safety, and prevent violence, bullying, and suicide.
- Provide health-promoting information to students, parents and classes; participate in health-related curriculum development.
- Provide leadership for health-related policies and programs, and a system of managing emergencies and urgent situations.
- Act as a liaison between school personnel, family, health care professionals, and the community.
Who is Your School Nurse?
- Merrill High School, Sarah Frisch, RN, BSN, Phone 715-536-4594 x 18020
- Prairie River Middle School, Jennifer Johnson, RN, BSN, Phone 715-536-9593 X 17009
- Kate Goodrich Elementary, Kristi Krombholz, RN, BSN, Phone 715-536-5233 x 13117
- Washington Elementary, Jennifer Johnson, RN, BSN, Phone 715-536-2373
- Jefferson Elementary, Kristi Krombholz, RN BSN, Phone 715-536-5432
- Maple Grove Elementary, Karen Krueger, RN, BSN, Phone 715-536-7684